Monday, December 06, 2010 at 9:30 AM - Wednesday, December 08, 2010 at 5:00 PM (GMT)
Shottery Brook Office Park
Timothy's Bridge Road
CV37 9NR Stratford Upon Avon
Technology Associates International Limited
Technology Associates International Limited is one of the leading global project management consultancies specialising in Microsoft Office Project and Enterprise Project Management Solutions. Since 1990, Technology Associates have provided deployment, consultancy, development and training services to more than 500 organisations including some of the world's leading companies, and we have an international presence throughout the world.
Technology Associates have deployed hundreds of EPM solutions and deployed more than 2,000 Microsoft Project solutions. With ten Microsoft Competencies under our belt, including ISV status, we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality services and solutions, and providing exceptional value for money. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with Offices in New York, San Francisco, India and Barcelona, and a strategic partner network covering AsiaPac, Middle East and ROW, we work internationally in delivering EPM and SharePoint solutions to our customer base in over 39 countries.
Register for this event now at :
This course is designed to cover all the features and aspects of Project Server 2010 Administration. Attendance on the Introductory Project Professional 2010 course is an essential pre-requisite. Attendance on an advanced course with at least two to six weeks as a consolidation period is highly desirable. Attendees ideally will have some experience of SQL Server, IIS, and SharePoint Server. Knowledge of network permissions, active directory and security models would be an advantage.
Who Should Attend:
Users who have a good knowledge of Microsoft Project 2010 and will be responsible for managing, maintaining and updating the Project 2010 Server database and user information.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
Understand EPM 2010 Administration Concepts & Setup
- Understand the different areas of the PWA Home page and links from it.
- Understand authentication - types and logins.
- Understand how to set up e-mail notifications for users and their teams.
- Demonstrate how to save Microsoft Project information offline.
- Demonstrate how to view, edit, and update projects & tasks
- Understand how to reject, create, and delegate task assignments.
- Understand how to link documents, issues, risks and documents to tasks.
- Describe the Outlook integration.
- Show how to view projects in the Project Center & how to create and maintain the views.
- Show how to view resources in the Resource Center & how to create the views.
- Demonstrate how to view resource and assignment data related to one or more projects.
- Understand how to edit enterprise resource information.
- Describe how to review an archive of object data.
- View and update task changes to a Microsoft Project plan.
- View and update calendar changes.
- Set up rules to automatically update projects.
- View a historical archive of task updates.
- Understand Check In/Check Out of Projects and resources.
- Understand Outlook integration.
- Understand Categories/Groups/Permissions & Security Templates and how to use these to configure the system. Essential for analyzing the business and how EPM can be adopted.
- Understand how data is stored in Project Server Databases and in SharePoint.
Project 2010 Server Administration
- Understand the different Administration options.
- Understand the communication and messaging process.
- Understand the Task Views, Time Periods, Fiscal Periods and options.
- Describe the provisioning process for creating workspaces.
- Understand how to view and upload documents for projects and public documents.
- Demonstrate searching of documents in the document libraries.
- Understand how to create and edit an issue or risk.
- Understand how to customize Issue and risk fields and views.
- Describe what Microsoft Project Server is and what it is used for.
- Demonstrate connecting Microsoft Project to Microsoft Project Server.
- Understand the functionality of Microsoft Project Server.
- Understand the different user types and the how they interact with Microsoft Project Server and the functionality of each, as well as how to modify permissions.
- Understand the responsibilities of a Microsoft Project Server Administrator and adopt best practices.
- Discuss the various views available, their purpose and how to customize them.
- Understand the integration of SharePoint from the Microsoft administration perspective.
- Understand the Databases in Project Server and how they interact.
- Understand Reporting and Business Intelligence capabilities in EPM 2010.
- Understand the Dashboard capability.
- Understand customization of the Microsoft Project Web Access Client.
- Describe license management within Project Server 2010
- Discuss maintenance of clean data in the Microsoft Project Server database.
- Understand how security works within Microsoft Project Server.
- Demonstrate the process for setting permissions.
- Understand the process for time tracking and progressing updates.
- Understand and edit the Resource Breakdown Structure.
- Understand the Administration options in Project Server and how to use them.
- Demonstrate and understand the significance of Outline code fields at Project, Task and Resource level.
- Understand and apply the Portfolio capabilities and administer the settings in Project Server.
- Understand ULS, Messaging logs, and the Queue services in Project Server.
- Describe, understand and be able to apply Multi-value fields.
- Recognise what the Active Cache is and how it works.
- Understand the concept of web parts and SharePoint as a platform for Project Server.