Microsoft Project & Project Server
The Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM) Solution is an end-to-end collaborative project and portfolio environment. The Microsoft EPM Solution helps your organisation gain visibility, insight, and control across all work, enhancing decision-making, improving alignment with business strategy, maximising resource utilisation, and measuring and helping to increase operational efficiency.
The Microsoft EPM Solution includes the following products from the Microsoft Project EPM family to provide organisations with an end-to-end project portfolio management (PPM) solution:
- Microsoft Project Professional: Microsoft Project Professional includes all the capabilities in Microsoft Project Standard. Microsoft Project Professional gives you robust project management tools with the right blend of usability, power, and flexibility, so you can manage projects more efficiently and effectively. You can stay informed, control project work, schedules, and finances, and keep project teams aligned, while becoming more productive through powerful reporting options, integration with familiar Microsoft Office system programs, guided planning, wizards, and templates. In addition, Microsoft Project Professional provides EPM capabilities when connected to Microsoft Office Project Server.
- Microsoft Project Server: Project Server is the flexible end to end PPM platform that supports portfolio management, resource management, scheduling, reporting, collaboration and workflow capabilities in the EPM Solution. Project Server enables organisations to store project and resource information centrally and consistently. It also integrates with Microsoft SharePoint for file management and collaboration capabilities, helping team members to work together more effectively. Further, based on their roles, users can access data and functionality via the Internet with Microsoft Project Web Access.
Microsoft Project 2013 – New!
Project 2013 helps you easily plan projects and collaborate with others from virtually anywhere. Stay organised and keep your projects on track with the only project management system designed to seamlessly work with other Microsoft applications and cloud services. With Project 2013, you can call or instant message right from your project with Lync, improving collaboration while keeping your team productive and on track.
Simplify your project management processes:
Project Professional 2013 simplifies the project management process, including workflow, decision making, and what-if scenarios, bringing enterprise-class capability to mid-sized businesses.
Enhance your collaboration and reporting:
From collaboration and scheduling to time reporting and budget management, Project can help you and your team to take advantage of the power of Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Excel. Depending on your business needs, you can create point-in-time status reports and project reviews; provide reports based on real-time data, or both.
Benefit from a scalable and connected work management platform:
Combining the ease of a tool like Excel with a powerful scheduling engine, Project 2013 puts you in control. You can connect your teams with Microsoft SharePoint so team members can easily update their task status. To get the benefit of end-to-end project and portfolio management, you can add Microsoft Project 2013. You can also integrate Project 2013 with your line-of-business applications.
Take a look at what’s new in Project 2013 click here
Download the Microsoft EPM 2010 Comparison Guide
Download the Microsoft Project 2010 Desktop Comparison Guide
Download the Microsoft Project 2010 Version Comparison Guide
Download the What’s New in Project Server 2010 Guide
Download the What’s New in Project 2010 Desktop Guide
Download our Microsoft Project 2010 Services Overview
The Microsoft EPM Solution provides the following capabilities:
EPM Solutions (For more information please click the PDF icon to the right of each heading to download a more detailed document)
- Demand Management
- Portfolio Selection & Analytics
- Resource Management
- Schedule Management
- Financial Management
- Time & Task Management
- Issues And Risk Aanagement
- Team Collaboration
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
- Administration, Scalability & Extensibility
Try our free EPM 2010 Tour…
To try out the EPM 2010 solution for yourself and be guided through the process of using it, try our FREE EPM 2010 Online Tour – just click here to get started
Experiment with Project 2010 in our Virtual Lab Environment
To experiment further with EPM 2010 and test it the features for yourself go to our Microsoft Project 2010 Virtual Lab – click here
For more information about our Microsoft Project Training Courses please click here…
For details about our supporting services on Microsoft Project EPM please visit Microsoft Technology Services–Microsoft Project & Project Server